Thursday, March 3, 2011

Berry Pretty Valance

This week I made a valance for my kitchen window out of a vintage tablecloth that I had purchased at a thrift store. I used three of the corners to get the point effect. I enjoy giving linens, I've bought at yard sales or thrift shops, a new life, by incorporating them into something useful for my home or to resell for someone else to enjoy. When I was trying to decide on a fabric for the top for a rod casing, I laid the green polka dot fabric against it, and the colors just popped right out.
This is a close up of the strawberries. I just love the faded pink color achieved by years of use and wear. It is hard to duplicate those soft, shades. The colors in the embroidery are still bright and pretty. Putting this valance over my kitchen window will bring a touch of spring into my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment