Saturday, March 12, 2011

More Pretty Pillows

I have recently added a few more pillows to my shop on Etsy. These will be sold as pillow covers. The pillow above just looks like springtime. The fabric on the front was taken from a vintage bedspread I found at an estate sale. The front also features a piece of vintage embroidered linen. This photo was taken in a rocker, found at a yard sale, that I had refinished and recovered myself. The colors in the pillow look so pretty with the roses on the fabric. These pillows combine my love for vintage linens as well as fabrics.
The above pillow I have named "Pocketful of Posies", since it is a pocket pillow cover. The pink fabric comes from a vintage bathrobe I bought at a yard sale. It is such a pretty shade of pink (to me, just about any shade of pink is pretty). The piece of vintage linen folds over the pillow form inside and buttons down in the front.
The above photo shows a closeup of the button and the basketful of posies. Such detail.
This pillow cover is also made from the same vintage bedspread and the front is from a vintage dresser scarf. I call it "Lovely Lilacs". You could almost smell the lilacs. They are in shades of purple and lavender and have been hand embroidered.
What is so wonderful about using these vintage fabrics and linens is that, not only is it recycling, but it is giving a new life and purpose to these beautiful linens for another generation to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    These new pillows are so pretty. I really like all of the textures from the upcycled fabrics and these embroidered flowers are so sweet.

    And look at the pretty rose upholstered chair the pillow is sitting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pillows you've created! I just love chenille! There's nothing softer out there! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for you sweet words!

    ReplyDelete