Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Life for Vintage Linens

I love to collect vintage linens. It is so fun to discover them at thrift stores and yard sales and then take them and make them into throw pillows, valances or other items for my home, as well as to sell. These pillows were made from a bedspread I purchased a few years ago in a little antique shop. It had been sitting in my linen closet with some other quilt tops. I finally came up with the idea to make all the separate days into pillows, as in the above grouping. I sold the "Friday" pillow in a craft show recently.
Some of the squares were painted and the outlining is hand embroidered. The painted designs with the little girl are so pretty and unique. I have listed them in my Etsy store. I just love the detail on the squares.
This picture shows the pretty pink bow on the little girl's apron.

This pillow is made from a vintage tablecloth I purchased from a garage sale at a local fundraiser. I love the pretty aqua color. The flowers are done in embroidery. I also have this pillow in my Etsy store. I've called it "Dancing Flowers", since the flowers appear to have movement. Beautiful colors. I have made all the pillows as covers so the forms may be taken out if the cover should need to be washed. Practical as well as pretty.

3 comments:

  1. I love your pillows from pretty vintage linens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy, thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment. Hope to see you in Warrenton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,

    Your pillows look so pretty. I especially like the Dancing Flowers-I love the blend of colors.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete