Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty and Pink

My favorite color by far has always been pink, especially pale pink. I guess that is why I love collecting pink milk glass. I have also heard it called "shell pink glass". These two pieces sit on my dresser, which happens to be painted almost the same shade of pink. I pick up pieces wherever I can find them, usually as inexpensively as possible. The pedestal piece came from a yard sale and the jar with lid came from an antiques store.
This beautiful piece features embossed grapes and leaves. I discovered it on one of my many yard sale expeditions. It goes well with the vintage rose print, another yard sale treasure.
This piece is special to me in that it belonged to my mother-in-law. She gave it to me just recently. She and my father-in-law got it as a wedding gift in 1958. That makes this piece over fifty years old. I felt honored that she gave it to me for my collection and promised her I would pass it down to my niece later, to keep it in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment