Monday, May 31, 2010

More Yard Sale Treasures

I thought I would share some more of my recent yard/garage sale treasures with you. I had hoped to post this much sooner than now, but I have been under the weather. The above is a ceramic piece that I bought for only $2.00. It is about a foot in length.
This is a closeup of the lady in the center. The piece has a pretty, aged look to it and appears to have never been painted. I like the look of the white against the green of my wall. Very soothing.
I have been collecting white glass and can usually pick up some pretty pieces for very little cost. The above vases ranged in price from .25 cents (center) to $1.50. Again, very pretty against the green wall.
The above shows a close up of the flowers on the base of the center vase. It looks very old. I love the colors of the flowers. When I found this vase, it was at the bottom of a box and had dirt all over it. I knew it would look good after a good cleaning.
I purchased this beautiful botanical print for $1.50. It is 11"x 14" in size. I have seen these in antiques stores about $30 or $40.
This closeup shows the detail of the flowers.

I hope you enjoyed a look at these wonderful finds. I am anxiously awaiting my local newspaper, which is put out on the news stands on Wednesdays, for this week's list of yard/garage and estate sales. There are usually more of them on the first weekend of the month. It should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    Your new finds are all very pretty. I especially like your new vases!
    I hope you have a great time in Canton!

    ReplyDelete